How Do I

Other Questions?


Frequently Asked Questions

What are your hours of operation?
The Crescent Springs city building is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Where is the Police Department located?
The City of Crescent Springs contracts police services with the City of Villa Hills. The Villa Hills Police Department is located at 719 Rogers Road Villa Hills, KY 41017.  Their administrative office phone number is 859.341.3535.
I filed a report with an officer. How do I get a copy of this report?
Reports can be obtained by contacting the Villa Hills Police Clerk during administrative hours. The phone number is 859.341.3535. Hours for the department are from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
I received a Crescent Springs City Citation from the Villa Hills Police Department? What are my options?
  • You may pay by check or money order via mail.
  • You may pay in person at the Crescent Springs City Building at 739 Buttermilk Pike, Crescent Springs, KY 41017.
  • You may contest it by speaking to the Crescent Springs City Administrator within five (5) days of the citation date.
Who can I call about solicitors coming to my house or business to see if they are credible?
You can call the City Building at 859.341.3017, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, to see whether or not person(s) are authorized to solicit within the city limits of Crescent Springs or are a legitimate organization
How do I deal with an animal that has been hurt or endangered?
  • If you see a loose dog or other animal, contact the owner if you know who they are. If you do not know who owns the animal, contact the Kenton County Dispatch Center at 859-356-3191 and they will contact Animal Control.
  • Keep children inside. Wait for Animal Control to catch the animal before going outside.
  • Do not pick up or touch injured animals. A bite from an animal may necessitate medical treatment for the injury and shots for rabies. This is especially true if the animal runs away before it can be caught and tested.
  • If you know the animal and it is familiar with you, try to contain it to a fenced yard. Avoid pulling on it. If you injure it, it may bite you.
Trash and Recyclables Collection
The City provides waste collection once a week by private contract with Rumpke of Cincinnati, Ohio. Brush must be bundled and cut into section no longer than 4 feet and weigh less than 75 pounds. All containers must be so one man can handle them. If there are any large items or brush please call Rumpke at 513.242.4401 for a separate pickup.

Recyclables are: corrugated cardboard, newspapers, plastic bottles, glass bottles and jars, beverage cans, vegetable, fruit and juice cans. Red recycle bins are available at the City Building.

For residents of apartment complexes or condominiums, please check with the your management for trash and recycling collection information.
Dogs and Cats
The City has a Leash Law, this requires the licensing of all dogs and cats in the city. License can be obtained at the Kenton County Animal Shelter. The cost is $5.00. The registration and license period shall be between January 1st and December 31st of each year.
City Tax Bills
Property tax bills are mailed at the end of September, and delinquent November 1st. If you have any questions or if you do not receive your bill, please call the City Clerk at 859.341.3017.  All bills are mailed directly to the property owners. Many mortgage companies have contacted our office to get the payment due information and we have given that via fax or phone. Tax role is furnished with the name of the homeowner of record as of January 1st of the present year. Remember that is your responsibility to obtain your tax bill. Please call if you do not receive your bill.
Homestead or Disability Exemption
If you are a homeowner residing in the home and are 65 years of age you may be eligible to receive the Homestead Exemption on your property tax bill. If you are a homeowner with a disability you may be eligible to receive the Disability Exemption on your property tax bill. Please contact the Property Valuation Administrator’s office at 859.392.1750 to apply. You do not need to apply for this exemption with the City of Crescent Springs; if approved by the PVA office, you will automatically receive the deduction on your city tax bill.
Building Permits
Building permits and questions on zoning will be handled through the Planning and Development Services of Kenton County (PDS). Before you do any remodeling, add a fence, swimming pool, shed or etc. contact  PDS at 859.331.8980.